When we decided to move abroad and start this journey for our family, it incited many varied observations, comments and reactions. Some were positive, some were downright negative and some were questioning.
Totally understandable. Each and every one.
Truth is, the reasons we had numbered in the hundreds, probably. We never sat down and counted them. They weren’t ‘reasons to go to Malta’ but ‘reasons to move to a different country’.
Sometimes life goes as you expect, other times it twists and turns in ways you never expected or could envisage. This is magnified exponentially the more radical the changes or challenges.
On anothers blog, I saw a list of things you wont learn in school. I would take that one step further – this is a list of things that you may never learn. And you should! Many of these things we have implemented in our lives years ago, and many constitute the reasons why we decided to set up shop abroad. Have a look at this list and if you ever found yourself asking ‘why?’ then this list will answer that for you.
I also hope that you too can use these little gems to improve your life, or see how many of these you already practice and preach 🙂
20 Things you need to understand in life
- You cannot influence the world by trying to be like it.
- Wisdom comes from life experience, not textbooks.
- Imagination is more valuable than knowledge.
- Do the opposite of what you are taught in school.
- Put yourself wholeheartedly into everything you do.
- You can train your brain to see the good in everybody and everything.
- Never doubt your instincts.
- The more you play, the better your work will be.
- People will forget what you say, but they’ll never forget how you make them feel.
- Question everything, and settle for nothing.
- Don’t make excuses or complain; it keeps you from accessing your true potential.
- If you feel stuck, ask for help.
- It’s never too late to start over.
- Don’t be attached to anything.
- If you believe you can, you will.
- Trust the process.
- You are right where you need to be.
- Your focus determines your reality.
- The magic happens outside of your comfort zone; go there daily.
- There is no destination; the journey is the reward.